Join the Horizon Oil Sands team in this unique and challenging role! This exciting position encompasses various aspects of technical risk management for the Horizon site, and the ideal candidate will have a solid background in process and plant support engineering. You will spend a significant amount of time facilitating meetings including conducting Root Cause based incident investigations for process safety related events, evaluating and running Process Hazard Analyses for MOC’s as well as directly supporting operations through the Bowtie analysis of emerging risks. As a result, this position will allow you to demonstrate your strong analytical and people skills. This is a fast paced role requiring judgement, flexibility, priority setting and a collaborative approach to problem solving.
The Technical Safety Engineer will be expected to provide leadership and support for high profile plant issues and, as such, must have the ability to effectively apply engineering theory to practical problems as well as having an understanding of basic plant operational processes such as permitting, lock out/tag out, alarm management, etc. You will also have the opportunity to develop the required Technical Safety skills with thorough training.
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
COMPETITIVE SALARY - STOCK OPTIONS - STOCK SAVINGS PLAN - ANNUAL BONUSES - BENEFITS - LOCATION PREMIUMS - RELOCATION - FLY IN/FLY OUT AND ACCOMMODATIONS PROGRAM!
• Provide day-to-day support to engineering and operating teams as a technical authority on risk control issues and assessing process risks
• Assist with hazard identification, evaluation and mitigation of risks as part of the plant MOC process
• Lead root cause investigations for process safety incidents
• Lead and participate in Process Hazard Analysis, such as Bowtied, HazOp, LOPA, SIL
• Conduct or oversee simulations of firewater system networks and hydraulic calculations
• Deliver fire protection expertise meeting National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Codes/Standards and Insurance Guidelines
• Provide technical safety engineering expertise to meet CNRL loss prevention standards as well as standard industry practice (e.g. API Standards & Guidelines)
• Develop loss prevention specifications and standards
• Model consequence scenarios, such as vapor cloud dispersions, fires and explosions
• Typically 10+ years of related industry experience with an Engineering degree, preferably in Chemical/Process or Risk Engineering
• 2+ years of plant or operations experience
• Registration or eligibility for registration with APEGA
• Familiarity with:
o Technical Safety engineering
o Basic plant processes such as lock out, tag out, work order systems, incident investigations etc.
o DCS Data
o Plant improvement and risk evaluation
For full job details, and to apply directly with Canadian Natural Resources , please follow this link:
Learn about ISA Edmonton Section member benefits and sign-up to become a member online…Read More
Knowledge is power. Sign-up for our ISA INSIDER e-newsletter and receive the latest news delivered directly to your inbox.