Apply By December 31, 2015
Established in 1964, the British Columbia Institute of Technology is Canada's premier polytechnic institution with a current enrollment of 47,000 students. BCIT with five campuses offers wide-ranging programs in technologies and trades, credentials up to and including master's degrees, applied research, international activities and partnerships with business. Programs include: Applied, hands-on learning in engineering, business, media, computing, health, trades and apprenticeships. BCIT's focus is on immediately-employable, skilled graduates across diverse industry sectors and facilitate lifelong learning for career progression and career change. BCIT: Integral to the economic, social and environmental prosperity of British Columbia.
BCIT’s School of Energy is seeking a regular, full-time Instructor in our Industrial Instrumentation department.
- Providing Instruction to Students
- Preparing and presenting classroom lectures, lavoratory projects, and examinations to all four levels of the apprenticeship program
- Responsible for upgrading and preparing lesson materials on an ongoing basis
- Maintaining contact with industry to remain current in the industrial control field
- This position may require shift work as difined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement
- Must have completed a recognized apprenticeship program with an Interprovincial Qualification (Red Seal) in Industrial Instrumentation
- A minimum of five years’ recent work experience in the industrial instrumentation industry
- An excellent command of the English language, both written and oral
- Basic computer literacy, including use of the internet, e-mail system and MS Office
- Effective interpersonal skills and a strong desire to teach is required
- Previous supervisory or teaching experience with skills and abilities to instruct the curriculum
- Heavy Industrial process control experience in Gas/Oil, Metal processing or Pulp & Paper required
- DCS and/or PLC experience is required
- Power Engineering 4th class or higher certificate would be an asset
WHAT THIS JOB HAS TO OFFER
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a competitive pension plan
- Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development
- Tuition waivers for BCIT courses
- Subsidized parking and fitness facilities
- Wellness and Employee Assistance programs
- BCIT offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and promotes an inclusive workplace. BCIT is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
- Salary Range: $60,430 to $89,762 per annum. Prorated based on term and percentage of appointment. Salary based on education, experience and placement criteria as outlined in the Collective Agreement
HOW TO APPLY
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Competition Number: 15N252
To apply, visit us online at careers.bcit.ca.